Powell & Roman’s Commercial Transactions & Litigation practice is managed by William R. Kugelman. Mr. Kugelman has over twenty-five years of experience representing businesses of all forms and sizes, including national corporations, family-owned businesses and individual entrepreneurs.
Our wide-ranging experience allows us to service the many complex needs of today’s business. We take pride in understanding each client’s business and the industry within which it operates. Our commercial and corporate litigation practice is diverse and includes the following:
- Shareholder and Partner Disputes
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Restrictive Covenants/Non-compete Issues
- Contract Disputes
- Unfair Business Practices
- Franchise Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation (including Title Defense)
- Banking Litigation
- Construction Law
Whether acting as general or litigation counsel, we advise our clients on a variety of issues affecting their day-to-day business operations. The legal relationship between owners, managers and shareholders is an often overlooked, but essential aspect of prudent business management. Our lawyers have the knowledge and skills necessary to counsel clients when drafting formation documents.
We also assist our clients with negotiating and executing their business transactions. Our services include the following:
- Forming Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, and Partnerships
- Negotiating and Drafting Asset Purchase and Stock Agreements
- Drafting Restrictive Covenants, Non-compete and Confidentiality Agreements
- Reviewing and Drafting Commercial Lease Agreements
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions
Our attorneys provide counsel to banks, commercial lenders and private equity groups. We offer the following.
- Enforcement of Loan Documents and Personal Guarantees
- Lender Liability Defense
- Fraud and Forgery Defense
- Loan Reviews
- Negotiating and Drafting Loan and Syndication Agreements
An integral part of our practice is the representation of general contractors, subcontractors and home improvement contractors. We have the expertise to handle the following:
- Negotiate and Draft Construction Agreements
- Regulatory Compliance for Home Improvement Contractors
- Construction Lien Law Claims
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Breach of Contract/Non-payment Litigation
Our attorneys also have extensive experience in alternate methods of resolving contested matters, including arbitration and mediation through the American Arbitration Association and other forums.
We also provide counsel to clients in the alternative energy industry and other emerging areas of the law. Our business and litigation experience serves clients engaged in the compressed natural gas and solar energy industries on a broad range of issues involving project development, transactional and financing issues, and regulatory compliance.